Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Photosynth-Hours and Hours of Coolness to Be Had

I saw Photosynth being utilized on one of the CSI shows ealier this week.  But didn't know what it was.  Then I see this article on Slate and the world of Photography is not so flat.  Here is an example of this application using the Inauguration and the pre-inauguration party at the Lincoln Memorial.  It is possible to zoom in, or zoom out.  It is even possible to rotate a 180 degrees, and if enough photos are uploaded 360 degrees.  I spent almost an hour zooming in and out of the inaugural pics.  WOW!  The effect is almost a 3D rendering of the Capitol Building and the people gathered there.  As I moved through the pictures it was almost instantaneous the switching from picture to picture, and view to view.  A new way to view the pictures of the beginning of a new era in America.  Now if I find a place to put all my pictures of Sanming, China, that will be something.  Photosynth on.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: