Friday, January 2, 2009

How Hot Can You Go?



I love eating 'Hot'; I can't get enough.  I love to make my own salsa using the recipe from Bobo's in Stillwater, OK.  Bobo's is gone but if you weren't unlucky enough to work there you can order it from the former owner, product #7971.  It is so good my mouth waters just thinking about it. 

However, salsa or pico-de-gallo can not be splashed on everything.  That is hot sauce's job.  We never made hot sauce at Bobo's but with this recipe I can make it every day, or at least every day I have peppers available.

Personally I think this recipe is a bit to vinegary for my tastes.  That goes for most of the comerical products out there too.  But it gets me a point from which to experiment from.  And that is the true joy of cooking.

Some of the people who replied have suggestions which improve upon the original recipe, at least in my opion.  See here and here.  One of the suggestions send you here.

Enjoy and happy Hot Sauce making. 

UPDATE: If anyone is in Portland area check out Salvador Molly's and their Great Balls of Fire.  Dam them things is hot.  My mouth is still buring and I ate 'em three years ago. 


Powered by ScribeFire.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to Gusto's Hot Pepper Sauce, gordopdx. Hope you try this "recipe" one day. It's easy and you can make it as hot as you want by choosing your favorite hot peppers. My Dad uses his local "bird chili" peppers, and it incendiary.

Best wishes for a lot of fun travels and hot eating in 2009.

Sylvie
http://www.LaughingDuckGardens.com/ldblog.php/