Saturday, July 12, 2008

I got a dam email lying about Barack being a Muslim

I've received the email telling me Barack Obama is a scary Muslim. It also hints that is the Anti-Christ. The link above is a close enough copy of what I received. Mine also mentions a Uncle Dick who is a "Bible scholar" and a Mrs. Darlene Millican who the email claims is the wife of the pastor of Trinity Baptist Church in Sun City. I guess these two unknown but presumablily upstanding citizens are mentioned to lend a certain je ne sais quoi to the email.

The email claims that this man(Obama) 'fits every description from the Bible of the 'Anti-Christ'!" But the only 'evidence' provided is the claim that the Bible "(W)arned us that 'A man will come from the East...."blah,blah,blah. First that is not a quote from the Bible. I believe that quote comes from Nostradamus. And second while I am not a learned man when it comes to the Bible I do know something about geography. And I know Obama was born in Hawaii. Now I don't know what Uncle Dick and Mrs. Millican know about geography but when I look at a map Hawaii lies to the east of the lower 48 states. Finally the email says that "Snopes.com confirms (the claims in the email are)factual. Check for yourself." Ok. I can do that. And what do I find? Snopes.com actually debunks all of the email claims. EVERY CLAIM IS PRETTY MUCH DISCREDITED!

Anyone who continues to peddle this trashy email is an "elvish-mark'd, abortive, rooting hog! Richard III
Anyone who continues to believe such pernicious slander is not only willfully ignorant they are also a beslubbering, beef-witted, joithead. (hat tip to Shakespeare Insult Kit)

UPDATE: I forgot that as a Catholic I am use to hearing that the Pope is the anti-Christ. Also in the book Jerry Falwell and the Jews Falwell discusses his belief that the Anti-Christ is a Jewish man who is now alive. And the authors of this site claim Prince Charles meets like 25 of the 42 "Signs of the Anti-Christ." All I can say is WOW.
Zemanta Pixie

2 comments:

TeachESL said...

It is very simple. Barack Obama's father had been born a Muslim because HIS father was one. Whether he practiced or not is irrelevant. So, because his father was born a Muslim, so was Obama - according to Islamic law. And what Obama believes today is also irrelevant because he is considered - under Islamic law - to be a Muslim. And if he took on another faith as an adult, he is considered an apostate! I, personally, don't believe he is a secret Muslim; I do believe that he is a leftist radical who happened to have been born a Muslim.

gordopdx said...

Hey chaya thanks for leaving a comment. I now know someone other than myself reads this.
However this issue isn't as simple as you claim, if for no other reason than not ever assertion is true. By this I mean, I have seen it asserted that if a person is born Muslim they are a Muslim. You have asserted this here and Edward Luttwak has said the same thing in his NY Times op-ed piece on May 12th of this year. Yet, neither claim is backed up with proof of were this information can be found.
Second, as an American I don't view it this was-even if the above claim is true. Even Luttwak acknowledges as much in the same op-ed piece. As an American I believe we are free to choose what and how we believe. It is after all a 'personal' relationship with God. I also believe once a person chooses they are free to change their mind at anytime-religious rules and dogma not withstanding.
Finally, Barack himself has written that his father was atheist or agnostic. www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp This fact would seem to change things. By your argument the senior Obama is an apostate when Barack is born. So how could he be born a Muslim? I guess things aren't as simple as they may first appear.